It is estimated that by 2021 people will be watching 100 minutes’ worth of online videos a day. 93% of companies also claim they got a new customer because of their video content on social media. (Single Grain)
So the question that must be asked is what type of videos do people want to watch? In this blog, we’ll talk about 3 different types.
Tutorial or How To videos
According to some stats from True Focus Media, 30% of people searching on YouTube are looking for ‘How To’ type videos. This is a massive number of people globally that are using the second largest search engine after Google to find tutorial style videos. 73% of consumers are also more likely to make a purchase after watching ‘How To’ videos explaining a product or service.
The take-away? Start leveraging these statistics. Produce video content that showcases your product or service offering. Walk your audience through the steps of what your product does or what your service delivers. People are more inclined to watch a video than read an instruction manual.
Company culture videos
As Vidyard explains, “culture videos are all about highlighting your brand’s culture and personality for prospects, customers, and potential employees. They help tell your brand story, so people get excited about doing business with you—as a customer, partner, or employee.”
The take-away? People buy from people. Regardless of the move to all things online, the human factor still plays an integral role in purchasing decisions. A company culture video adds the emotive factor that connects people to the human spirit of your brand.
A personalized video is one that integrates personal details of the viewer like name, job title, job title, etc. But just how important is personalization to a customer? Here’s what Instapage has to say:
- Some brands have recorded an 8x improvement on click-through rates with a personalized video versus standard outbound email campaigns.
- Seventy-eight percent of U.S. internet users said personally relevant content from brands increases their purchase intent.
- 87% of consumers surveyed say that personally relevant branded content positively influences how they feel about a brand.
Some other interesting stats from Vidyard indicate that:
• personalizing an offer increases click-throughs by 202%
• in an experiment from SalesLoft, 75% of late-stage prospects who received a personalized video became closed won deals before quarter’s end.
• an insurance company found that customers who watched personalized videos renewed at a rate 12% higher than those who didn’t.
The take-away? Producing personalised videos are impactful and a great way to get the attention of prospects and customers. The human aspect creates a feeling of direct engagement between brand and viewer. The use of the person’s name establishes a personal connection.
At QoboWeb, we design fully-functional, beautiful websites that reflect your aesthetics and retain brand integrity. Contact us here and let our team help you build a website that makes you stand out from your competitors