People access the internet and search for what they’re looking for in multiple ways. Web content is being viewed from a range of devices including PC, mobile phone, tablet, or even a Smart TV. To ensure that a visitor to your website has the best experience possible, you need a site that works optimally on all those platforms. And these Google stats reiterate why:
- When they visited a mobile-friendly site, 74% of people say they’re more likely to return to that site in the future
- 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a mobile-friendly site, they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service
- 61% of users said that if they didn’t find what they were looking for right away on a mobile site, they’d quickly move on to another site
- 79% of people who don’t like what they find on one site will go back and search for another site
So what are some of the ways of tackling responsive web design?
- Ensure menus are simplified
- That images are optimized
- That buttons and links are easy to click on a smaller screen
- That text is easily readable without the need to zoom
Website speed is another important element to ensure that your website performs well, particularly if you have an ecommerce store through which you’re selling your products and services. Conversion rates are severely impacted if shoppers are having to deal with pages that load too slowly as they’ll inevitably leave your site and get what they need elsewhere. Website speed also determines how your site will rank in SERP’s, with those performing badly being penalized. But it’s not only Google and other search engines that will penalize you. Visitors to your site will either stop coming back, bounce or simply not buy – resulting in lost sales and traffic.
At Qobo we conduct proper testing and validation to ensure that every single page on your website works properly, regardless of device, so as to deliver a seamless user experience wherever content is being consumed. Contact us and let our team of web designers and developers help you build a responsive website that will drive lead generation and conversion, and turn enquiries into customers.