People consume online content in a variety of ways today. They access the internet from several different devices including PC, mobile phone, tablet, or even a Smart TV. As a result, you must ensure that your website performs well across all platforms, particularly in terms of being mobile responsive too. Let’s look at some of the stats regarding the use of mobile devices for online search across the globe:
- 66% of e-commerce time is being consumed on smartphones
- 50% of mobile phone consumers frequent a retail outlet inside 24 hours of a local search on mobile
- 70% of smart phone customers (and 77% of tablet consumers) believe the “call button” (or one click calling) to be critical on a mobile website
- Approximately 70% of mobile customers clicked the call button to call businesses directly from Google ads
- 61% of mobile searches result in a phone call
- Over 50% of mobile consumers are in the process of researching a purchase, or seek to make a purchase when they call a business directly
So what are some of the ways of making sure your website is mobile responsive?
- Make navigation easy and intuitive, with a simple menu layout that’s not difficult to move around
- Keep the navigation bar uncluttered
- Make icons and links easy to understand so visitors know what you mean
- Employ user-friendly wording for navigation headings
- Keep the menu simple
- Optimise all images for proper download
- Make buttons and links easy to click on a smaller screen
- Ensure text is easily readable without having to zoom
Website speed and SERP ranking
Website speed is critical in terms of how well your website performs, especially if you an ecommerce store. Converting visitors into buyers is negatively impacted if shoppers face pages that load too slowly. They’ll inevitably leave your site and get what they need somewhere else. As far as SERP ranking, website speed is a major determining factor. If your site performs badly, it will be penalized. But it’s not only Google and other search engines that will penalize you. Visitors to your site will either never come back, bounce or choose not to purchase anything – resulting in loss of sales and reduced traffic.
At Qobo we conduct proper testing to ensure every page on your website works properly, regardless of device. Contact us and let our team of web designers and developers help you build a mobile responsive website that will drive lead generation and conversion, and turn enquiries into customers.