There’re multiple reasons to include video in your email marketing campaigns, particularly if one looks at the following stats collated by Wyzowl in 2019:
What the marketers had to say
- 91% of video marketers believe video to be an integral component of their marketing strategy.
- 83% of marketers say video generates good ROI.
- 84% of marketers say video has played a significant role in increasing traffic to their website.
- 81% of marketers say video has helped with lead generation.
- 94% of video marketers say video assisted users in gaining a better understanding of their product or service.
- 90% of video marketers feel the level of competition and noise has increased in the past year. But despite this – 99% will continue to use video in 2019, with 88% saying they’ll spend more than they did in previous years.
What the consumers had to say
- 96% of people say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 79% of people say a brand’s video has convinced them to buy a piece of software or app.
- 68% of people say they’d most prefer to learn about a new product or service by watching a short video. This makes video more popular as a learning tool than text-based articles (15%), infographics (4%) presentations and pitches (4%) ebooks and manuals (3%).
So, what other benefits are there to using video in emails to boost customer engagement and increase sales for your business?
Increased click rates
It’s been reported that adding videos to your email content can boost click rates up to 300%. Being that click rates are a key metric in measuring the success of email marketing campaigns, it stands to reason that embedding videos in those campaigns will increase the likelihood of someone wanting to open your emails and learn what you have to say.
Video email virality
Video emails usually generate considerable interest and are often shared, quickly and widely, which means your brand becomes visible to larger audiences with very little effort or investment on your part.
Real-time email campaign reports
After you send an email, marketing automation software like MailChimp enables you to track and analyse data on emails delivered, emails opened, clicks, video views, and other interactions, giving you a better understanding of which campaigns are working and which aren’t so you can adapt your video email marketing strategy accordingly.
CRM customer segmentation
Innovative real estate CRM software can give you access to centralised customer data so that you can build buyer personas, segment those personas into groups where commonalities arise, and then serve each group personalised video email content relevant to their needs and requirements, boosting customer engagement and sales.
It’s clear that the inclusion of videos in your email marketing campaigns is a must to engage prospective customers, generate enquiries, boost sales and improve ROI. In our next blog, we will discuss the top reasons why your website needs video content.